Monday 30 January 2012

Research and Planning- Inspiration

For my personal work -focusing on video- I decided to create something completely different that would allow me to expand by creativity and imagination in the world of film. With the recent release of the silent film "The Artist" and also the release of "Hugo" which is centred around Georges Melies and the history of film, it sparked the idea in my mind of doing similar to what the creators of "The Artist" did; make a film in the style of old silent cinema. I find Georges Melies' work extremely influential and plan to research his style, stories, and performance in his films.


Georges Melies
















The Artist


Hugo












In addition, I also researched the animation of Terry Gilliam who did The Monty Python known for its bizarre, unique and artistic style that has a recognized cult following.



No comments:

Post a Comment